Amazon has become one of the most authoritative websites on the Internet. There is no doubt that we have all made some of our purchases through this e-commerce colossus at some point by creating an amazon account.
We can even buy food products with ridiculous delivery times. It has disadvantages too, like any web presence. Therefore, if you want to disappear from the platform, here you can find out how to permanently cancel your account and in simple steps.
To delete your account, the first thing you should check is that you do not have an active subscription or a half-done purchase. That is, with a position that can be left hanging. In case that is the case, until it is solved and you unsubscribe what you have pending, you will not be able to delete it. This is also the case in point you are a Prime customer.
Points to Remember before Delete Amazon Account
You will lose all the contents of your account, your account will be completely erased, read these points again and be sure again, only then delete your amazon account.
- Remember that as soon as you delete your account, all your Amazon accounts will be gone, you cannot login on other other country’s amazon service domains like – amazon.co.uk or amazon.co.fr etc.
- You also cannot use websites where you have to enter amazon’s login credentials like – audible videos, amazon prime, and Amazon Pay.
- Your digital accounts will also not be saved, such as Kindle ebooks, digital music, all of which you will not be able to download again.
- Your Amazon pay account will also be deleted along with it, if there is any fund or remaining balance in your account then you will not get it either.
- The order history and card details of your account will also go away.
- You will not be able to place any new order nor will you be able to return any order. With this, whatever pending order will be cancelled automatically.
- You will not be able to access amazon gift cards, vouchers and games.
Have you decided to delete your Amazon account?
Maybe it seems to you that Amazon is growing too much as a company, or perhaps you have been unhappy with its service and have thought: I no longer want my Amazon account. Unsubscribing from Amazon is not an easy process, but you can do it in a matter of minutes if you carefully follow these steps.
Steps to Delete an Amazon Account
Now if you are looking for the procedure to delete an account then this is the easiest way to delete amazon account, follow the instructions given below.
- Tap on “Close Account” to delete your amazon account.
- First of all, login to your account which you want to close permanently.
- At the bottom of the page, you’ll find a drop-down menu, click on “Why you wish to close your account”.
- Choose your reason to delete amazon account, then click on “Yes” box and tap on “Close My Account”.
- Now you will get an email, to complete your action request. You must have given a link in the email and after clicking on it, you read the terms and delete your account.
Customer Care Support: Delete Amazon Account
Amazon is an intuitive website, easy to access and created to help users in their purchase processes.
Cancelling an account on Amazon is very simple. You will only need your computer, a good connection and the firm decision to do it.
Here’s the Simple Steps on How to Delete an Amazon Account:
Step 1: If, as we have said, you do not have any active process and you have already closed all the subscriptions or purchases that you had half-done on the web, you can proceed to delete your account permanently.
Step 2: The very first step that you should do is enter the amazon web address in your browser. Here, log in with your details to access your account as usual.
Step 3: Once you are in your account interface, you can check for the last time if you have a half-finished order. In case it is, and you can do it, it is time to cancel it. Otherwise, you will have to wait for it to be solved.
Step 4: If you already have everything in order, go to the “Help” tab . Here you must go down and click where it says “Do you need more help?”. Click on “Contact us” (it will appear on the right side of the menu).
Step 5: Don’t be overwhelmed if you see too many lashes. The one we care about is “Prime and others.” Here, click on “Tell us about your problem” and then on “Update your account information.”
Step 6: Click on Close account. You will see that right next to it. There is an option to contact Amazon customer service both by chat and by phone or email. When you talk to them, they will tell you how long it will take for your account to be closed permanently.
How to close your Amazon account from an Email
If you choose to delete your Amazon account from the email, a new window will open where you will be asked to enter the reason for unsubscribing. Enter the one you want and send the message. An Amazon technician will contact you within the next 12 hours with detailed instructions on how to finalize your account closure.
How to delete your Amazon account from your phone
If you choose to delete your Amazon account from your phone, a new page will open where you will need to enter your phone number. Several hours from the moment you have done it, an Amazon representative will call you and give you instructions to finish the process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can close your account forever. For this, you will go to the bottom of the page, you will see the drop-down menu, select close account in it and give your one reason to close the account, now click on the "Close My Account" button.
No way. Once the account is deleted, you cannot access or activate it again.
No, Amazon stops all your services when the account is deleted, due to which you cannot use any other amazon product. You will have to create a new account to use the amazon service again.
You might also like:
If your final decision is that you want to delete the Amazon account, then it’s time to say Good bye. All your Amazon details will be deleted from that account, if you want to use Amazon service in future, then you will have to create a new account, because you will not be able to access the deleted account again.
Amazon is the most loved e-commerce company, it is considered to be the best for shopping at home all over the world. If not today, tomorrow you may also need to buy something which you do not find in the local markets or malls. So before deleting it, you will think once again whether this is your last step.