Dragon Age, developed by BioWare, is a fantasy-themed role-playing video game. After the massive success of Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age II, 2014 saw the release of Dragon Age: Inquisition. These two titles consistently rank high on lists of the best video games ever made. In this guide, we’ll explain all you need to know to get started with the Dragon Age Inquisition mod manager.
To begin modifying, you’ll need the DAI Mod Manager; the previous version has been discontinued, but the Frosty Mod Manager is more feature-rich and often updated. In order to begin modifying once the mod manager has been installed, a new mods folder must be created in the games folder.
If you’re interested in learning more about modifying games using these engines, we’ll cover how to use mod managers in further detail, including a comparison of available options, an analysis of why one mod management system is preferable to another, and a thorough tutorial. All right, let’s get going.
DAI MOD Manager
When players find game-specific mods, they aren’t always sure what to do with them or how to install them. To provide the best possible gaming experience, mods need plugins, and mod managers are simply PC software tools that oversee these plugins. Previous articles covered the Fallout series, Mod Organizer 2, Elder Scrolls Online, and the Minion. Every game that can be hacked has a manager, and some of them are compatible with many games.
For modifying games like Dragon Age Inquisition and Mass Effect Andromeda in recent years, Frosty Mod Manager has been the tool of choice. For example, if you want your characters to have access to more apparel and weapons, you’ll need to use a software known as a “DAI Mod Manager.” Unlike The Sims 4, which can run OK without a dedicated mod manager, Dragon Age: Inquisition is not so lucky.
Mod Managers are not only fantastic organizers that make players’ life easier, but they also serve as powerhouses for the many mod utilities and plugins that players may choose to use. Instead of going through each unique mod for your game, it is far more convenient to have a centralized view of them all in one place, as offered by the engine.
How to Use DAI Mod Manager?
Now that we know what the mod managers are for, we can discuss how to use them in Dragon Age Inquisition. Mods for Dragon Age Inquisition may be installed and managed using either the official DAI Mod Manager or the alternative Frosty Mod Manager.
- In the main game folder (usually Steam or Origin, depending on how you purchased the game), create a new subfolder named Frosty Mod Manager
- After the manager has been installed, you may launch Frostymodmanager.exe and choose New from the menu.
- Double-click the file DragonAgeInquisition.exe or choose the Open menu item and go to the game’s primary installation directory to launch the game.
- In the new box that opens, choose Dragon Age: Inquisition from the choose Configuration drop-down menu. A new window titled “Mod Manager” will pop up after you choose it.
- We recommend starting with the Nexus Mods website, which now supports over a thousand games, including Dragon Age Inquisition, so you can begin downloading the changes there. For your own safety and ease of use, you should definitely sign up for a Nexus Mods account.
- To install a mod, just drop the downloaded file into the game’s “Mods” folder. Either double-clicking the mod on the left or selecting it and clicking Apply Mod(s) will activate it.
- You may change the order of your changes by moving them up or down the list, but it’s crucial to remember that certain modifications won’t work if the queue order is incorrect.
- After making your desired modifications, you may start the game again by clicking the Launch button in the mod manager.
The Mod Manager’s Full Reference Error in DAI
After installing the engine, your mod manager may stop working. The event has a reasonable explanation. Whether you wish to apply your changes with no issues or are unsure whether they will even work, using an out-of-date version of the mod manager is a bad idea.
A common reason of the mod manager’s inability to function is because it was not installed in the game’s primary directory. That is really important. DAI Mod Managers and their respective changes should be stored in the game’s main directory inside specially labeled files to prevent them from being misplaced. The “suspicious files” generated by DAI Mod Managers may also trigger a warning from your antivirus software, preventing you from starting the program.
FAQs: DAI Mod Manager 2023
Is Dragon Age Inquisition compatible with Nexus Mod Manager?
Dragon Age Inquisition add-ons may be found on their own Nexus Mods page. However, Nexus Mod Manager Community Edition or Vortex are incompatible with them. You’ll find a “Abandoned” DAIToolsSuiteLoader patch under the “Most Popular (All Time)” area.
What’s the new Nexus Mod Manager?
Vortex, the official Nexus Mods DAI mod manager, has since superseded Nexus Mod Manager due to its superior mod management and sleek user interface.